Frequently Asked Questions
To make guests’ transition to our centers as smooth as possible— and to ease guest and family concerns— we’ve put together answers to some of our most frequently asked questions for your convenience.
Why Royal Life Centers?
We are a dually-accredited, full-service drug and alcohol detox and treatment facility network committed to treating substance use disorders in the safest, most effective way, from detox to outpatient. We do this by always putting the guest first and by hiring only the most qualified staff, maintaining top-notch facilities, and providing world-class holistic treatment.
What's holistic treatment?
At Royal Life Centers, we operate on a biopsychosocial/spiritual model, meaning that we collectively treat the mind, body, and spirit. Essentially, holistic treatment is the idea that incorporating multiple modalities of treatment— individual therapy, group counseling, art therapy, and more, for example— is the most effective way of treating mind and/or body disorders.
Do I have to attend group?
Group is required during detox and residential treatment unless guest is deemed medically unable to attend by a member of our medical staff.
What is a day in detox like?
A typical day in detox will consist of five groups and three meal breaks per day. Here is an hourly breakdown of the daily schedule in detox/residential treatment. You can read more about what to expect in treatment here:
Group attendance during inpatient (detox and residential inpatient) is required unless a guest is deemed medically unable to attend by a member of our staff.
Can I smoke while in detox?
Guests may smoke, chew tobacco, or vape in designated outside areas at scheduled times while in detox/residential treatment.
What should I bring with me to detox?
You should limit personal belongings to four to six changes of light, comfortable, and modest clothing (no profanity or drug/alcohol references) and essential items like your wallet and cell phone.
What should I bring with me to treatment?
- Enough comfortable and casual clothing for two weeks (laundry facilities are available)
- Shoes appropriate for hiking or exercise (boots or running shoes)
- Warm clothing for during winter (coat, scarves, gloves, etc.)
- Personal hygiene products (keep it simple and basic)
- Electric razor or razor and shaving cream
- Driver’s License or Picture ID
- Prescribed medications in the original bottle with prescription information (liquid medications must be unopened with original seal)
- Nicotine patches or tobacco products including: cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, pipes, cigarillos and vape/electronic cigarettes (has to be cleaned out and the fluid in unopened sealed container)
- 1 Pillow, comforter/blanket, or comfort item
- Journaling supplies (few pens and a notebook), Highlighters
- Drugs and alcohol
- Candles or incense
- Alarm clocks
- Laptops or Tablets (any electronics will be locked up and stored until your completion)
- Cell phones (any electronics will be locked up and stored until your completion)
- Weapons of any type
- Herbal products
- Vitamins or over-the-counter medications
- Mouthwash that contains alcohol
- Nothing of monetary value (i.e. gaming systems, jewelry, expensive clothing )
- Revealing clothing
- Clothing with inappropriate images or words
- Homemade food or drinks
Can Royal Life Centers update me on my loved one's progress while they are in treatment?
Due to HIPAA laws, we cannot, by law, release any information about our guests unless they have provided us with written consent. Guests may ask for staff to make a “safe call” upon arrival to our detox facility, to assure family/loved ones that they have arrived safely. Because we are a closed facility, guests have limited phone access, but are permitted one call a week (more if approved by their primary therapist), to be approved and supervised by their therapist.
What insurance do you accept?
I'm not sure if I can afford treatment for myself or my loved one. What should I do?
Because We Care, we do our best to accommodate special financial circumstances and offer financing. Please give us a call to go over possible payment plan options.