Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Outpatient treatment differs from inpatient treatment in a few specific ways. The primary difference is that outpatient rehab only requires you to attend group during scheduled treatment times. At the end of your scheduled time for the day, you will return home and continue on with your normal life outside of treatment. As opposed to residential inpatient treatment, which requires that you live on-site for the duration of your treatment. Outpatient treatment gives those who are unable to put their normal life activities aside, an opportunity to get the help they need. Whether outpatient treatment is the right choice for you depends on your own personal needs and preferences.
Not under every circumstance will inpatient treatment for alcohol abuse be necessary. Severity of your dependence to alcohol, and how long you’ve been addicted, are important things to consider when choosing if outpatient rehab is right for you. Sometimes putting life on hold for a while, although inconvenient, will be the best decision in the long-term. With that being said, there are advantages as well as disadvantages to outpatient alcohol rehab.
Advantages of outpatient alcohol rehab include:
- Continuing normal activities. This is probably the most obvious advantage over inpatient treatment. During outpatient you can continue to work, attend school, and tend to family commitments. During inpatient rehab you must remain at the facility during the entire treatment.
- More flexibility. Some outpatient alcohol rehabs allow for their guests to create a schedule that works for them. This way you can make all your prior commitments while attending treatment and addressing your alcohol abuse.
- Higher confidentiality. When someone checks into an inpatient facility, it usually means they will be away for several weeks. Notifying your employer, friends, and family members is usually a must. It can be very uncomfortable to be forced to disclose this private information to so many people. Since you won’t be leaving your home for outpatient rehab, you can maintain a higher level of privacy.
- Practical application earlier. What this means is that you’ll be able to apply what you learn in treatment sooner than you would if you were in inpatient treatment.
- It’s usually more affordable. Whether you’re paying with insurance or out of pocket, outpatient alcohol rehab is generally cheaper than inpatient options. Without having to pay for housing, meals, and other accommodations, you’ll save yourself a substantial amount of money.
Disadvantages of outpatient alcohol rehab include:
- Too much freedom. If you have a serious dependence on alcohol you may need a more intensive program. Alcohol is everywhere and being able to abstain after therapy each day can be challenging for some.
- Outside distractions. When you come and go from treatment on a daily basis, it can be much easier to get wrapped up in everyday life and outside distractions. Recovery, especially early on, requires a strong dedication to working on yourself.
- Less connections with peers. Those in a residential program usually form friendships and bonds that can last a lifetime. Creating a new sober support network is critical to the success of any sobriety. Those who choose outpatient sometime don’t take the time to connect with their peers in treatment the same way inpatient guests do.
As with most decisions, you must examine what is going to work best for you. If you think outpatient treatment could be right for you, call Royal Life Centers. Our outpatient alcohol rehab is customized to fit your individual needs. If you’re ready to get the help you deserve, call us today.
“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out”
– Robert Collier
Take a Look at Our Recent Blog Posts
Royal Life Centers focuses on wellness at the mental, physical, and spiritual levels. Our addiction…
Work is an important part of any successful life— after all, it’s the American dream.…
While guest-reported substance use disorders may vary between treatment locations, the over-arching data trend is…
It’s utterly devastating to watch a parent fall victim to addiction. Addiction leads to pain…
Today, addiction treatment utilizes several different techniques to promote mental healing in addition to physical…
We realize the importance of good nutrition in early recovery, which is why all Royal…
So you’ve decided to start recovery in 2021. Congratulations! The first step to start your…
Hello, my name is Allie Kraska, Content Creator for Royal Life Centers. Member of ACOA…
Royal Life Centers is one of the leading providers of addiction treatment in the nation. We strive to set ourselves apart from other treatment centers by providing not only the highest level of care, but also diverse programs and amenities. Our staff work around the clock to ensure the best possible chance of success in a safe and constructive environment. We pride ourselves on providing exemplary, quality addiction treatment and exceptional care.
Royal Life Centers provides the best quality of care, while extending our genuine hope and belief in each guest that steps into our facility. We strive to give each guest the most transformative recovery experience, not just because that’s what we do— but, Because We Care. We hope for each of our guests to rebuild happy, healthy, and meaningful lives in sobriety.